A Blog for the Makeup Insane.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Dramatic Makup

Here's my gorgeous friend Amie, who let me doodle on her face for an assignment. The goal was to pick a color scheme and do the entire face in it. As you might be able to see from the background, I used gold, black and bronze for my colors.

Amie has a lovely, warm complexion. I used Chanel Vitalumiere in 40 on the face, with a MAC NW25 concealer. I brushed her brows but didn't fill them in as I wanted the eyes and lips to be the focus.

On her eyes I used micas I purchased from TKB Trading, over a base of Urban Decay Potion Primer (original). I lined the eye with Clinique gel liner and went over it with Carbon shadow from MAC. The false eye lashes are from Ardene, and I applied L'oreal Voluminous mascara to top and lower lashes.

The cheeks, forehead and sides of the nose were dusted with a bronzer. Then, I used a bit of a black eyeliner on the lips, and followed with a touch of Tarred Lip Tar from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Over that I pressed a bit of gold-bronze mica -- just to the center of the lip. Using the Lip Tar thinned down (I didn't shake the tube to disperse pigment) allowed some of her natural lip color to come through, adding a warmth to the lip, and kept it from looking too goth.

The tattoo is a temporary one from Temptu that I applied to the skin and then went over with an eyeliner pen and a little gold mica for added dimension and warmth.

I'm really pleased with how the look turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment