A Blog for the Makeup Insane.

Friday, April 1, 2011

New Skin Care Regime

For years I thought my skin was oily because I have visible pores in the cheeks, nose and chin. Then, I started getting red, scaly bits around my mouth, chin, nose and eyes. Turns out my skin is dehydrated and very sensitive. Who would have thought? So, I took my dermatologist's advice (Dr. Erikson, I love you) and started only washing my face when I wore makeup, or it felt like it really needed it. In the shower I use a pea-sized amount of Vaseline to massage my face -- and it has done wonders for my skin. No more scrubs for me! No more glycolic acid either. I was one of those people who did *too* much for my skin and paid the price.

But, I am a skin care and makeup junkie, so it wasn't long before I started looking for new skin care. I used to love Origins, but the fragrance irritates my skin. So sad! I even tried Cetaphil, but the sodium laurel sulfate hates me. Then, I tried Paula's Choice. So far, I'm really liking it. The cleanser is so gentle, but removes most makeup (I need extra help with mascara), and the BHA lotion evens out my skin without irritating. Best of all, the SPF moisturizer doesn't sting when I put it on! So, if you're like me and closer to 40 than you are to 30, with dry skin that still occasionally breaks out, you may want to check out Paula's Choice. She's the same woman who wrote 'Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me.' I was iffy because she reviews her own stuff (and of course says it's good!) but I'm really pleased.

FYI -- I'm not affiliated with Paula's Choice and I wasn't asked to review their products. I simply went to them as someone who needed gentle products with no fragrance and no irritating ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment